Monday, April 18, 2011

Network! Network!

Whatever profession you're in, it is essential to do some networking.  You never know who you're going to meet at any given time.  Keep business cards handy, and always remember that a first impression is a lasting impression.  I was afforded a great opportunity on yesterday to attend "The Big Apple Conference" in Manhattan, hosted by The International Women's Writing Guild.  I met some great people, and we all intend to correspond with each other in the near future.  I not only left there with some great contacts, but I also left there with an extra shot of confidence.  I had done something for me, not anyone else.  Connecting with others in the literary industry was absolutely awesome!  I am humbled by the experience, and I hope to attend next year's conference, and other events hosted by the organization in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment